Here are 3 steps to help keep your
family healthy this flu season.
Flu is easily spread via droplets created when someone coughs, sneezes, or talks. Children and older adults are most affected by the flu.
Getting a flu vaccine for people 6 months of age and older is the best way to help protect against the flu.
Make getting your flu vaccine every year a fun, family event. Here’s how:
- Get your family vaccinated … TOGETHER.
- Afterwards, enjoy a family activity, such as watching a movie or sharing a meal together.
In addition to getting a flu vaccination every year (which is the best way to help protect yourself against the flu), it is also important to remember to:
- Wash your hands often.
- Stay home if you don’t feel well.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth—germs spread this way.
- Cough into elbows, not hands, to avoid sharing germs.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces at home, work, or school, especially when someone is sick.
Getting your flu vaccine each year and practicing healthy habits protects you AND everyone around you!
For more information about the flu vaccine, talk with your health care provider.